Proteus® LSG HS PP
- Superior resistance to common autoclave/steam sterilization techniques as a result of the high heat deflection temperature (HDT > 149 °C/300 °F per ASTM D 648)
- Excellent dimensional stability
- Proven biocompatibility per ISO 10993-5 on stock shapes to meet compliance requirements
- Excellent machinabililty
- Lot traceability & material certification
- Available in standard colors: white and black
Quadrant’s Proteus® LSG HS PP (heat-stabilized Polypropylene) exhibits a heat deflection
temperature that allows the material to be used in repeated steam and autoclave sterilization
cycles. It is highly resistant to cleaning agents, disinfectants and various solvents.
Typical applications for Proteus® LSG HS PP include surgical trays, caddies and instrument components.
The production process includes a special heat-treatment phase that allows for the higher heat deflection temperature and, thus, improved machinability and dimensional stability.
Under the label of Quadrant’s Life Science Grades (LSG), Proteus® LSG HS PP shapes are tested and certified for biocompatibility per ISO10993-5 to ensure quality throughout the entire manufacturing process. This offers the designer increased safety, approval facilitation, as well as reduced cost and time to market.
The material is available as plates in white and black (standard colors); other colors can be produced on a make to order (MTO) basis.