Nylatron® SLG PA6
- High mechanical strength, stiffness, hardness and toughness
- Good fatigue resistance
- High mechanical damping ability
- Good sliding properties
- Excellent wear resistance
- Good electrical insulating properties
- Good resistance to high energy radiation (gamma- and X-rays)
- Good machinability
Nylatron SLG PA6 is self-lubricating in the real meaning of the word. Nylatron SLG PA6 has been specially developed for non-lubricated, highly loaded and slowly moving parts. Compared to standard cast nylons, it offers lower maintenance costs and longer service life.
Nylons can absorb up to 7% (by weight) water under high humidity or submerged in water. This can result in dimensional changes up to 2% and a corresponding reduction of physical properties. Proper design techniques can frequently compensate for this factor.