- High wear and fatigue resistance
- Lower moisture absorption than standard PA6
- Metal and visual detection by blue colour
- Detection by x-ray also possible
- Continuous use temperature up to 85 °C (185 °F)
This polyamide 6 grade, containing a metal detectable additive, has been specifically tailored for use in the food processing and packaging industries where it can easily be taced by the conventional metal detection systems installed to detect contamination of the foodstuffs (result may vary depending on the sensitivity of the metal detection system used). Nylatron MD presents good mechanical strength, stiffness, impact strength and wear resistance; it also features a food contact compliant composition, and is available as a "Food Grade".
- Thrust washers