Nylatron® MC 901
- High mechanical strength, stiffness, hardness and toughness
- Good fatigue resistance
- High mechanical damping ability
- Good sliding properties
- Excellent wear resistance
- Good electrical insulating properties
- Good resistance to high energy radiation (gamma- and X-rays)
- Good machinability
Nylatron MC 901 is custom cast to size saving fabrication time and money in this port cap and diffuser nozzle application. It also weighs only 1/7 the former parts making parts easier to handle and install (prior material: stainless steel).
Nylons can absorb up to 7% (by weight) water under high humidity or submerged in water. This can result in dimensional changes up to 2% and a corresponding reduction of physical properties. Proper design techniques can frequently compensate for this factor.