- High mechanical strength, stiffness, hardness and toughness
- Good fatigue resistance
- High mechanical damping ability
- Good sliding properties
- Excellent wear resistance
- Good electrical insulating properties
- Good resistance to high energy radiation (gamma- and X-rays)
- Good machinability
The addition of MoS2 renders this material somewhat stiffer, harder and dimensionally more stable than Ertalon 66 SA, but results in some loss of impact strength. The nucleating effect of the molybdenum disulphide results in an improved crystalline structure enhancing bearing and wear properties.
Nylons can absorb up to 7% (by weight) water under high humidity or submerged in water. This can result in dimensional changes up to 2% and a corresponding reduction of physical properties. Proper design techniques can frequently compensate for this factor.