Nylatron® 703 XL
- High mechanical strength, stiffness, hardness and toughness
- Good fatigue resistance
- High mechanical damping ability
- Good sliding properties
- Excellent wear resistance
- Good electrical insulating properties
- Good resistance to high energy radiation (gamma- and X-rays)
- Good machinability
This high performance cast nylon 6 bearing grade provides an even better wear resistance than Nylatron NSM, combined with superior pressure-velocity capabilities and an industry first: a near zero level of "stick-slip". The elimination of stick-slip, mostly associated with chatter or squeaking, provides an extraordinary amount of motion control for high-precision applications.
Nylons can absorb up to 7% (by weight) water under high humidity or submerged in water. This can result in dimensional changes up to 2% and a corresponding reduction of physical properties. Proper design techniques can frequently compensate for this factor.