Quadrant has been a solution provider for the energy generation industry for many years. Our expertise is built on application successes in traditional energy sectors like oil & gas, but more and more in emerging alternative energy fields such as wind and solar.
Quadrant's global presence, our broad range of materials and variety of conversion technologies offers turn-key solutions for your specific industry, already proven or customised. Our materials are extensively tested and able to operate under harsh chemical and even extreme thermal conditions. Our high performance materials offer the advantages of all plastics, helping to reduce weight and allow for the substitution of other materials like steel, aluminium or ceramics, due to their high specific strength.
- Productivity increase
- Reduced main time between repair (MTBR) by using maintenance-free, self-lubricating materials
- Automation possibilities offered thru highly dimensionally stable products
- Longer product life based on improved chemical resistance of components
- Material cost savings enabled thru Quadrants low wear engineering plastics
- Noise reduction offered by friction-optimized products with non-stick-slip behaviour
- Safety in use by achieving the optimum cost-performance solution from a wide range of products
Products & Applications
Our materials have been tested and certified for applications in vacuum chambers offering very low out gassing. We also offer materials for wet process environments presenting low out leach values.
Wafer holders and combs for photovoltaic solar cells handling
Sliding ring segments in yaw bearing
The manager of a “wind farm” contacted Quadrant, requesting help in eliminating a performance and maintenance problem. Bearing surfaces in the positioning system of each unit were rapidly failing because of weather, temperature and mechanical load, leading also to extreme noise. These failures would force a maintenance worker to climb a 80m ladder and apply lubricant into the unit’s stuck bearings, at night, on the coldest winter day or the hottest summer day. Capacity loss of broken units and the cost of emergency maintenance were a major expense.
A grade of Quadrants Ketron® PEEK HPV was specified as a solution. It offered the ideal combination oflubricity, load bearing capability, low coefficient of friction and eleminated noise.
Depending on the individual situation, Ertalyte® TX or Nylatron® 703 XL typically provide the required material qualities.