Sulphuric Acid Systems
Sulphuric Acid equipment are used in the acid circuit of any Sulphuric Acid plant. These include Acid Distributors, Acid Coolers, Acid Piping, Acid Strainers, and Piping Accessories.
- Save time
- Save resources
- Save energy
- Save space
Sulphuric acid manufacture from sulphur burning plants and metallurgical processors.
Mist is formed due to the contact of liquid with gas. This occurs in many operational processes in the chemical industry. In order to save downstream equipment, prevent loss of valuable product and avoid potential process or environmental contamination, it is essential to separate liquid particles from the gas stream. The correct recommendation and use of mist eliminator equipment for removal of entrained liquid particles can only be done when the mist formation process and subsequent mist droplet size is understood.
- Mist eliminators are a simple and effective solution for many separation problems in the chemical process industry.
- Mist Eliminators separate corrosive products from the gas stream protecting ducts, pipes and downstream equipment from corrosion.
- Less corrosion requires less maintenance, inspection and shut down. It also allows longer performance cycles before cleaning of mist eliminator is required, reducing downtime.
- Mist eliminators save valuable products from exiting the plant and being lost. It protects equipment from corrosive liquid droplets enhancing the life of downstream process equipment, resulting in less capital costs for new machinery.
- It also allows your plant to meet Government regulated exhaust limits.
- Our advanced mist eliminator designs allow for lower pressure drop requirements compared to conventional mist eliminators, resulting in less energy requirements.
- Mist eliminators allow plants to run at a higher flow rate by avoiding problems of re-entrainment, where liquid droplets are picked up by high velocity gas streams.
- Higher flow rates allow for smaller equipment and duct sizes saving space.
keyboard_arrow_downApproximate corrosion rates of various alloy steels in 98% sulphuric acid:
Corrosion rates in mm per year:
- 316 S/S = 0.5mm at 60ºC
- "Alloy 20" = 0.5mm at 82ºC
- "Alloy C" = 0.5mm at 105ºC
- Sandvik SX® = 0.1mm at 150ºC